Thursday, April 3, 2008

First Kayak Paddle

Alright, so this is the first of only about 15 kayak paddles that I've made.
I chose a Jimmy Snyder blade shape due to its simplicity. At first glance one might take this for a "squirt" paddle, but Jim recommends this paddle for "huge water in a big boat". Jim is the man, check out his website @http://www.jimisnyder.com/

The shaft of this paddle is made with sitka spruce sandwiched between two ash plates(the standard). The blade wood is Western Red Cedar, the bang strips are made from Hickory and the paddle is rounded of with Birdseye Maple tip plates.

2 comments:

Northwest Video Scrapbook said...

Kenny,
Nice work man!
I really liked the paddle you let me try at the Wind Race. What's your contact #'s. I want one!

Ryan Scott
crgproductions@gmail.com
www.gorgehit.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.